🙂 Better late then never Pete Peebles is here, after a brief hiatus from offering free NFL picks due to a string of bad luck. Why go on break during the NFL season? Simple: Even though Mr. Peebles is a pretty much a dick head, he really doesn’t want you to lose your money, especially if it is because he made the wrong call. Every other capper in the industry will continue to sell you picks even if they SUCK, just because they are greedy dirt bags in need of money to fix a broken down ’89 Pontiac. You can be assured of one thing, Mr. Peebles is not living in his parent’s basement nor driving an ’89 Pontiac; and that means he makes a genuine effort at making his picks.
Lately, the players have had a field day with the sportsbooks. The month of October was a downer if you were a bookie: online sportsbooks and betting joints in Vegas lost millions as players collected solid winnings. This is mostly due to the fact that there haven’t been any big upsets that would offset the standard bets players are making. As a result, if you’ve been playing the favorites over the past 30 days or so, you’re probably doing pretty well. The one thing you have to guard against is the close games (…umm excluding any against the Rams or Lions…). As the season continues to progress, we’ll be seeing better matchups and plenty of opportunities to make money. Meanwhile, the sportsbooks are praying that the tide changes fast.
This brings us to NFL betting Week 9, roughly the mid-point of the overall season when the cream begins to rise to the top. Speaking of top teams, those Saints and Colts have put on a show in recent weeks, absolutely demolishing their opponents. Without a doubt, anyone who bets on the Saints to win is going to collect a nice payoff (that is, until the oddsmakers start to tighten up the lines). Likewise, Peyton Manning and the Cow Kids have kicked the crap out of their adversaries, joining the Saints as the top team with a 7-0 record. What’s more, Brett Favre’s 100th return from retirement has been a duzi: the Vikings are the #3 team, with a very respectable 7-1 record. Now, let’s get to the action…
Don’t Forget: The Clocks were changed last weekend, so the NFL now starts at 2:00 PM EST from now on!
Mr. Peebles Free Picks for NFL Betting Week 9
Good Luck NFL Betting Week 9 from Mr. Peebles!
- Baltimore Ravens vs. Cincinnati Bengals – Sunday, November 8, 2009 – 2:00 PM EST. At the time of this post, it looks like the linesmakers are favoring the Ravens, with a -3/+3 Ravens/Bengals spread respectively. The Bengals have had a few solid games this season, albeit closely contested, and have fans in Cinci on their feet. The Ravens, on the other hand, have had a few coughs and sputters, but are generally a well respected team, coming in towards the middle of the league standings with a 4-3 record. The question is, are they better than the Bengals? If the Bengals have a good day, they could easily beat the spread and/or win outright. Mr. Peebles thinks, however, that the Ravens are the better team for this matchup. Take Baltimore for the WIN tomorrow.
- Houston Texans vs. Indianapolis Colts – Sunday, November 8, 2009 – 2:00 PM EST. Come on Peebles, this one is a freebie! Challenge yourself! Well, everyone should have it easy once in a while. The spread for this matchup is currently +9/-9 Texans/Colts respectively, which does offer a glimmer of hope for the Good ‘Ole boys from Texas to squeeze in. Mr. Peebles is going to play it safe, though, and thinks that the Colts and their super-charged offense will probably destroy the Texans before the first half is over. Take the Colts for the easy WIN in this game.
- Miami Dolphins vs. New England Patriots – Sunday, November 8, 2009 – 2:00 PM EST. Hold your horses folks, this one might be close, only because of the wide open spread being offered by top online sportsbooks. At the moment, its +10.5/-10.5 Dolphins/Patriots respectively, which could, like the Colts/Texans game provide enough room for the Dolphins to sneak in. Will the Mahi Mahi from Miami win outright? No, at least if the Patriots want a prayer at having a post season. 10.5 points means the sportsbooks aren’t looking for a tie: they want a definitive winner. As a result, Peebles is going with the flow and will take the Patriots for the win. It could be VERY close given 10.5 points, but the Dolphins will need to have a very good day. Take the Pats for the WIN.
- Detroit Lions vs. Seattle Seahawks – Sunday, November 8, 2009 – 5:05 PM EST. Ok, so you’re probably thinking Peebles has lost his stones, picking the Patriots and Colts as winners in their respective contests. No so hard, right? Any 5 year old with a wheat penny could do that, right? Well here’s blockbuster pick for you. The spread on this matchup is +10/-10 Lions/Seahawks respectively. Well, Peebles has taken the Lions before and been burned. This is a different case, however, because 10 points either way seems like a lot, even for the half way decent Seahawks. So that said, Peebles is going to take the Lions to BEAT the spread. (This is crazy, right? Let’s wait and see…)
- Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Denver Broncos Monday Night Football – Monday, November 9, 2009 – 9:05 PM EST. This is a tough one for sure. On one side of the field, we have the Denver Broncos, who went undefeated up until last week. On the other, the Pittsburgh Steelers, who haven’t quite lived up to expectations this season, even though they’re currently sporting a 5-2 record. So what’s the call? The odds are in the Steelers’ favor: -3/+3 Pittsburgh/Denver respectively. Unlike Peebles other picks, the spread on this one is much closer, meaning it’s a tougher pick to make. Well no challenge is too tall for Peebles. He’s going with the Broncos for the win. Sorry Pittsburgh fans, it’s not going to happen this Monday. Take the Broncos for the WIN.